1. Make a list of everything you need to do.
2. Prioritise the items on the list. (Task 1 by 9pm tomorrow; Task 2 by the weekend … and so on).
3. Pace yourself. Work on part of each task daily. Focus solely on that. Don’t think about the other tasks you still have to do.
4. Pay attention to your body clock. Are you a morning or evening person? Schedule your time and tasks so that they match the times of day when you are most productive.
5. Manage your time to maximise your effectiveness. For example, work in thirty minute chunks – then allow yourself a five minute break. Decide how long it will take to do a small portion of the task. Don’t try to complete the whole thing in one session.
6. When you are having a break, clear your mind and completely relax.
7. Keep track of your progress. When you complete a task, cross it off the list, as that feels rewarding and increases motivation.
8. Review, reassess and re-prioritize your list from time to time. Some tasks can be eliminated, some may need more time, you may need help from others for some tasks, and you may find some can be delegated.
9. Schedule in time for fun – otherwise you’ll lose your motivation to keep going.
10. Make sure you get enough sleep. Too little, and you cannot concentrate, focus, remember, or work efficiently.